Award Winning Farm Experiences
Winners of the "BEST OUTDOOR EXPERIENCE" at VisitScotlands' Regional Thistle Awards 2018-19, we at Newton Farm offer affordable, educational, interactive experiences to inspire young and old, sharing our family's farming life with your family. Our authentic, guided farm experiences on a real working Angus farm with farmers Graeme & Louise, and our 2 and 4-legged family is a truly memorable and unique opportunity to find out what daily life is like on a Scottish farm and where your food comes from, throughout the Seasons. Checkout our facebook page for the most recent tours, images and whats happening at Newton Farm.
NEW FARM TOUR FACILITIES for 2021
- Hot Handwash
- Disabled Toilet with Baby Changing
- Mothers / Breastfeeding Room
- First Aid Room
COVID-19 & ONLINE BOOKING of FARM EXPERIENCES
Please note all farm experiences have been adapted to accommodate current Scottish Government restrictions, with limited numbers, an enhanced cleaning regime, social distancing and mask wearing when inside. As our tours are mostly outdoors you can be assured of a safe and spacious environment to enjoy your experience but we do ask you to carefully read the following and your joining instructions ahead of your visit to avoid any disappointment. Experiences may require to be postponed at short notice.
- All experiences must be prebooked in advance with spaces limited per experience. We are not an open farm at all times but offer specific experiences at specific times tailored around our farm work.
- Track and trace is in place, so please provide all names, including ages of children (3-12yrs) in your household at time of booking.
- Please confirm the number of households in your booking (an additional adult who is your extended household should not be counted as a separate household)
- Our adult to child ratio remains at 1 adult : 2 children (including any infants) for health and safety.
- Please advise the number of infants (0-2yrs) by answering the related question
- Please advise the number of car parking spaces required by answering the related question
- Pregnant women are NOT to attend any lambing or kidding experience.
- When booking be assured you are not booking "a room" when choosing the farm tours or alpaca walking options. Our booking software is currently based on our accommodation software.
- Most of our experiences are suitable for any age. However, we recommend 5yrs+ for our feeding frenzy and 8yrs+ for the alpaca walking for health and safety reasons.
Our farm experiences last approx. 1-1.5hrs, some are only available seasonally and times are subject to change
- Farm Tour (daily life on the farm, whatever the season or weather and includes bottle feeding in May, possibly into June) at 10.00 & 15.00
- Lambing Special (March-May) includes lamb/kid bottle feeding at 10.30, 13.30, 16.00 & 20.30
- Feeding Frenzy (5yrs+) hands on tour at feeding time on the farm at 16.00
- Alpaca Walking (8yrs+) (all year, outwith lambing season and weather dependant) at 10.30, 14.00 & 18.30
- £12.50 - Adult (13 years+)
- £ 5.00 - Child (0-12yrs)
- £ Free - Infants (0-2yrs) but must still be included in 1 adult : 2 child ratio. Do not include infants in number of children at time of booking or this will incur additional charges but please answer specific question
- Alpaca walking is charged at £20 per adult (13yrs+) with an alpaca and £10 per additional adult (no alpaca). 1 child (8-12yrs) may accompany an adult with an alpaca for £5. The farm tour can be added to the alpaca walk for £10 per adult, £5 per child.
"Every day is a school day" people say and this is certainly true not only for our visitors but also ourselves as you never know what might happen down on the farm. Our bespoke tour takes approximately 1-1.5 hours and we will tailor it where possible to your individual requests so please let us know of any specific needs you have. The tour involves hand feeding many of our friendly animals including our cows, sheep, goats, alpacas & Lucy, the micropig. You may be lucky and see a new-born lamb, kid or calf take their very first staggery steps. Bottle feeding the Spring lambs and kids is always a favourite of our visitors. During your guided tour hear our farming families’ story and learn where your food comes from. Meet Timmy our cherished vintage tractor and get up close with Farmer Graemes' big boys toys. Our standard farm tour is dog friendly but please do let us know in advance if you are bringing your dog.
So why not visit us and learn where your food comes from whilst making memories to last a lifetime. You can also extend your day by bringing a picnic in warmer weather (or order one from us in advance) as we have plenty picnic tables and take the opportunity to soak up the tranquil, rural landscape or enjoy a walk in the fresh air.
For bespoke, private tours, birthday parties, playgroups, school visits, youth groups, agricultural groups and anyone who needs any extra information or assistance please contact Louise directly via facebook, email, or phone to discuss your specific requirements. We aim to be as flexible as we can and to give you an amazing personal experience. School visits will not require 1 adult: 2 children ratio
FARM TOURS & ALPACA EXPERIENCE AVAILABILITY SEARCH & BOOKING ONLY
Do not be confused by the booking process this is not for booking accommodation which can be done on our cottage or bed & breakfast pages. Staying guests can add a farm tour at a special guest rate during your accommodation booking or contact us direct.
NEW night time experiences
Please search to check availability for the tours on your preferred date above. Having used our room booking software for our tours you may find booking confusing when it mentions "a room" but please be assured this search is for the farm experiences only.